The course introduces the principles and practices of electronic filmmaking as a personal and creative art form. Students will engage in exercises and projects to explore and understand editing, camera work, light, composition, and sound. A variety of cinematic forms will be examined. Student screenplays may be produced. Students will film and edit individual creative projects.Note: This course may be taken twice for credit.
- Can combine filming and editing to create personal cinematic statements.
- Can use advanced keystrokes to navigate Final Cut Express interface to make advanced edits in sound and picture.
- Establish a solid intermediate foundation to move into advanced digital film production courses.
- Know how to edit at an intermediate level using Final Cut Express 4.
- Know how to film using a digital video camera.
- Prepared to write and direct compelling, high level, and artistic electronic cinema.
- Understands and can utilize light and composition for advanced filming.