This course focuses on the fundamental math skills needed to process and analyze data in a variety of contexts. It provides students with the opportunity to improve mathematical skills while acclimating to the challenges of a college-level statistics course. This course is for students concurrently enrolled in Statistics 1 (STAT 201), check schedule for specific section details.Note: Must be taken concurrently with STAT 201 except by instructor permission.
2 Undergraduate credits
Effective May 4, 2022 to present
- A student will be able to correctly perform mathematical operations including rounding of values, using order of operations, converting between decimals, percentages, and fractions.
- A student will be able to evaluate and manipulate algebraic expressions and equations, including inequalities.
- A student will be able to utilize the cartesian coordinate system.
- A student will be able to interpret the concept of slope, and solve and graph linear equations.
- Students will be able to evaluate and identify variables in word problems.
- Students with be able to apply appropriate formulas to solve problems.
- Students will gain and apply skills for academic success, which may include: time management, study skills, test-taking strategies, organizational skills, and confidence building.