Studies in selected areas of theater art. (See class schedule for current topics.)
- Articulate a personal and critical understanding and reaction to selected topic in written or oral analysis.
- Demonstrate through performance, an awareness at an intermediate level, of the scope and variety of the topic.
- Evaluate said topic as an expression of individual values and/or technique and/or a point of view within a historical and social context.
- Understand/demonstrate the writing and speaking processes through invention, organization, drafting, revision, editing and presentation.
- Participate effectively in groups with emphasis on listening, critical and reflective thinking, and responding.
- Locate, evaluate, and synthesize in a responsible manner material from diverse sources and points of view.
- Select appropriate communication choices for specific audiences.
- Construct logical and coherent arguments.
- Use authority, point-of-view, and individual voice and style in their writing and speaking.
- Employ syntax and usage appropriate to academic disciplines and the professional world.