WRIT 342 Writing for Online and Print Magazines
This course covers the critical skills needed to write articles for magazines, whether print or online. In addition, students learn by analyzing a variety of magazines. Topics include brainstorming and proposing story ideas, targeting writing to a specific audience, gathering research, sharpening skills for story organization, and writing for a variety of online environments.
Prerequisite: A 3 credit 200- or 300-level writing course and WRIT 280 Digital Tools for Writing and Communication, or instructor's consent.
4 Undergraduate credits
Effective December 17, 2009 to present
Meets graduation requirements for
- Increase skills and flexibility for taking different writing approaches for magazines.
- Advanced ability to do thorough research for articles.
- Advanced knowledge of magazine organization and content.
- Advanced skills in writing for a specific audience, purpose, and situation.
- Advanced understanding of various types of writing for magazines.
- Increase confidence in writing abilities.