The Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT) is a campus resource established to act as a multidisciplinary, central network to receive, collect, assess, and when it deems appropriate, act upon information on behavior of concern exhibited by a student or group of students.
Examples of such instances include but are not limited to:
- Dangerous or threatening behavior to oneself or others
- Angry, hostile, abusive troubling behavior
- Other inappropriate or disruptive behavior
Metropolitan State is concerned about the safety, health, and well-being of all students, faculty, and staff.
Addressing Student Crisis Guide
The Addressing Student Crisis Guide is a resource available for faculty and staff. The Guide provides information in regard to how to engage a student in situations where the student may be experiencing stress. Additionally, the Guide includes contact and referral information that may be useful when assisting a student in a crisis situation. In situations where there is immediate danger to yourself or others, call 911 or Metropolitan State University Public Safety and Security office.Responding Helping Students in Crisis (PDF)
Access the Code of Conduct Incident Reporting Form to confidentially report a concern and/or submit a report.
- Submitted reports are processed during normal business hours and responded to as quickly as possible.
- Please note they are not monitored after hours, on the weekends, or on holidays.
- If there is an immediate concern about a student contact Safety and Security or 911.
Behavioral Intervention Team Members
- Roberta Anderson, Associate Provost for Student Success
- Dean of Students
- Blong Vang, Assistant to the Associate Provost for Student Success
- Daryl Johnson, Director of Registrar
- Deborah Mosby, Faculty member
- Dean of Students
- James Sachs, Student Conduct Officer
- Jeff Pool, Coordinator for Veterans Affairs
- Kristin J, Director of Accessibility Resources
- Lois Larson, Director of Financial Aid
- Mark Lenling, Environmental Health and Safety Officer
- Matthew Idzik, Academic Advisor
- Michael Peterson, Director of Counseling Services
- Michelle Filkins, Faculty member
- Mohammad Zafar, Gateway Associate
- Renee Beaulieu-Banks, specialist, Student Success
- Rhona Leibel, Faculty member
- Thomas Boylan, TRIO Advisor/Retention Services
- Thomas Maida, Director, of Safety and Security
To report behavior potentially violates the Student Code of Conduct Policy, contact Judicial Affairs.
Additional mental health resources and consultation can be accessed through Counseling Services.