The mission of International Student Services is to provides high quality advising and counseling assistance in academic, immigration, cultural, financial, and personal issues for international students and their dependents at Metropolitan State University. We are dedicated to offering excellent service as the primary link between international students, the university, the community, and the federal government.
We are here to help you understand your role as an international student as well as identifying on-campus resources and services which could enhance your academic success.
What we do
- Advise international students regarding immigration visa, personal, academic, cultural, financial, and social issues.
- Promote awareness, understanding and compliance with regard to federal immigration regulations and university policies.
- Inform international students about upcoming events visa email, university listserv, and ISS website.
- Plan workshops on employment issues, cultural adjustment, reentry issues, career planning, and other topics
- Develop, plan, and implement orientation programs for new students and departments.
- Provide up to date information perspective students on international student admission requirements, deadlines, application form and fee, health insurance, tuition and fees, transfer of schools, and evaluation of transfer credits from other colleges and universities attended.
- Advise and assist international student organization (ISO) with events and issues of importance to international students.
- Collaborate with other metropolitan state university departments to promote cross-cultural awareness and to provide quality service to international students.
Please feel free to contact us at any time or come to the office and meet us in person. We wish you continued success in your studies and are here to help in any way we can.