Major job duties
The Marketing & Communications Student Worker will:
- Assist with SLLD’s marketing and communications needs, including marketing activities and events, SLLD’s resources, student opportunities, etc.
- Build a follower base of MetroState students, employees, and community members on social media accounts.
- Create consistent, interesting, and relevant content.
- Build relationships with the MetroState community on behalf of SLLD via marketing and communications.
- Draft and present content and plans to the SLLD professional team
- Provide marketing support to student organizations or SLLD’s partners as needed
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned by the UAB Supervisor/Advisor and SLLD professional staff team
Qualifications and experience
The Marketing & Communications Student Worker will support the Student Life & Leadership Development (SLLD) and assist with the coordination and content creation of external communications. The student worker will utilize social media platforms, Teams, Engage, email, and other methods of communication to share information with MetroState students, employees, and community members as appropriate.
The ideal candidate:
- Has and will maintain at least a 2.25 GPA
- Has extensive previous experience building content and a follower base with social media, specifically Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, Facebook, and others
- Is aware of the extracurricular interests of Metro students and has innovative, practical ideas for events/activities that address those interests.
- Shares Metro’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Is able to work effectively both as a member of a team and independently.
- Is self-motivated, timely, communicative, and reliable.
- Is able to meet on-going deadlines and can manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Is able to appropriately hold peers accountable to expectations and the student code of conduct, and has no recent code of conduct violations.
- Is able to attend all UAB and SLLD staff meetings, trainings/retreats, and events.
- Is organized and detail-oriented.
- Is fluent in D2L, Microsoft Word, Excel, email, google applications, and Social Media.
All applicants must submit a cover letter and a resume to Carrie.Noble@metrostate.edu. Cover letter must include a statement as to why you are interested in this position and how you will be a good fit for the work outlined, as well as Metro State’s and Student Life & Leadership Development’s missions.
Resume must include:
- Work and volunteer experience
- Social Media, Marketing, Communications experience