Major job duties
- Collaborate with the TREC Director and Coordinator to design and implement a communications and engagement strategy.
- Develop and maintain existing TREC public-facing communications including the TREC webpage and regular updates regarding student, faculty, and program successes.
- Build a TREC social media presence with regular, relevant content.
- Create fliers and similar promotional materials for TREC-related events on campus and in the community.
- Collaborate with staff and students in SLLD and Marketing & Communications on Metro community-wide projects.
- Provided clerical and administrative support to the director and coordinator.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and experience
- Is familiar with higher education in prison and the TREC Program.
- Understands the impact of the criminal punishment system on students and communities and is comfortable working with and on behalf of incarcerated and formerly incarcerated students.
- Has and will maintain at least a 2.5 GPA
- Has experience working with TREC collaborators including other colleges and universities, community organizations, and the DOC.
- Has demonstrably strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills.
- Is self-motivated, able to meet deadlines, and can manage multiple ongoing projects.
- Is able to work effectively both as a member of a team and independently.
- Has advanced experience using and building content on Microsoft Word, Excel, email, google applications, and Social Media.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org