Current Topics: Variable Subtitles
Current Topics is a course designation that is used to identify timely themes and various media that supplement and enrich a student's art education. Topics will change from semester to semester. If more than one topics course is taken in fulfillment of the major, they must be different course titles. Topics may include, but are not limited to: book arts, relief printmaking, mosaic sculptures, street photography and assemblage.
Prerequisites: One introductory Arts class or instructor's consent.
- Utilize visual forms as a means of self-expression.
- Explore the technical skills associated with various media.
- Critically analyze artwork produced in the class through verbal exercises.
- Synthesize the scope and variety of related works in the greater arts community through written exercises.
Minnesota Transfer Curriculum
- Demonstrate awareness of the scope and variety of works in the arts and humanities.
- Understand those works as expressions of individual and human values within a historical and social context.
- Respond critically to works in the arts and humanities.
- Engage in the creative process or interpretive performance.
- Articulate an informed personal reaction to works in the arts and humanities.