This course examines the scientific research methods used in criminal justice research. Students learn a variety of research methods and apply them to various types of research being conducted within the criminal justice system. This course examines both quantitative and qualitative approaches.
- Critically analyze and evaluate research data.
- Demonstrate written and oral communication skills, critical thinking skills and problem solving skills.
- Explain and demonstrate how to apply quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Understand how to define and measure social phenomena.
- Understand the relationship between academic knowledge and the practical application of that knowledge to the field.