DBA 711 Advanced Methodologies is an extension of DBA 705 Introduction to Research Inquiry, and covers research methodology at a deeper level. In this course students will gain practical experience by applying the procedures and techniques of various research methodologies, using both instructor-provided and student-generated data. Students will learn methodological techniques that require the collection, and analysis of data and reporting of results via such methods as bivariate, and multivariate data analysis, as well qualitative research methods to a lesser degree.
4 Graduate credits
Effective August 23, 2014 to present
- Demonstrate an understanding of the design and execution of business research studies.
- Develop a research question related to an identified problem or issue
- Understand specific business research methodologies.
- Understand and demonstrate knowledge of specific research methods.
- Apply research methodologies and methods to identified problems and questions appropriately.
- Critically evaluate research methods and methodologies, their use and application.
- Appropriately apply the basic tools for data exploration and analysis including: observation, interview, scale/questionnaire development and testing; descriptive and inferential statistics; statistical analysis, and content analysis