In this course, students design the research proposal for their applied doctoral research project. The proposal is an expansion of the research prospectus developed in DBA 705 Foundations of research. The proposal consists of the identification and definition of the research problem, the literature on the problem of study, and a description of the specific research methodology to be used in the research project.
4 Graduate credits
Effective January 11, 2010 to present
- Identify the domain of research interest.
- Develop a comprehensive secondary research review drawn from library databases and other relevant sources of information to establish the importance and the contribution of the research.
- Clearly state a significant research question, the answer of which will seek to add new information to the body of existing knowledge.
- Design the most appropriate research method to sufficiently address the research investigation.
- Demonstrate acceptable standards of quality in organizing and writing the dissertation.