This course will address special topics, current issues and research trends in supply chain and operations management field. The supply chain and operations management field is undergoing some rapid change due to driving factors such as globalization, technology change, and environmental concerns. The course will revolve around five themes or topics: (1) managing risks; (2) theory of constraint, (3) lean management; (4) green, environment and carbon issues; and (5) globalization. Other specialized topics may be added as the field undergoes changes. Prerequisites: DSCI 434 Intro. to Operations Management
2-4 Undergraduate credits
Effective January 13, 2014 to present
- Students will understand and analyze the current topics in supply chain and operations management.
- Students will be able to research the special topics and draw practical implications.
- Students will be able to write reports.
- Students will be able to do oral presentations.
- Students will understand how several companies are managing these emerging issues.