The primary focus of this course is to master project management tools and techniques. Topics covered include a review of principles of project management, project scheduling, budgeting and cost estimation, resource allocation, and information system using Microsoft Project. Use of Simulation as a tool for Earned Value Analysis (EVA) and risk assessment is also emphasized.
Note: For those students without prior experience in project management, it is recommended to take DSci 420 Project Management before taking this course.
4 Undergraduate credits
Effective August 27, 2005 to present
- Understand the process of project selection.
- Compare various projects quantitatively using advanced financial tools.
- Identify key concepts in project budgeting.
- Analyze the issues related to managing the risk associated with a project.
- Demonstrate ability to plan a complex project.