Internet Application Development
Note: Students are responsible to both be aware of and abide by prerequisites for ICS courses for which they enroll, and will be administratively dropped from a course if they have not met prerequisites.
This course focuses on how to design and establish information services over the Internet from the server side. Topics include advanced concepts and issues on Internet architecture, server-side design strategies, current technologies and Internet security. Through labs and programming projects, students learn how to use current scripting and markup languages to build nontrivial state-of-the-art applications.
- Write programs using protocols and languages introduced in class.
- Apply the concepts and methodologies in server side web development.
- Develop and implement a three tier web application.
- Apply the server side web design and development life cycles.
- Build web services (Service-Oriented Architecture).
- Implement web security.