This course focuses on how to design and establish information services over the Internet from the server side. Topics include advanced concepts and issues on Internet architecture, server-side design strategies, current technologies and Internet security. Through labs and programming projects, students learn how to use current scripting and markup languages to build nontrivial state-of-the-art applications.
- Write programs using protocols and languages introduced in class.
- Apply the concepts and methodologies in server side web development.
- Develop and implement a three tier web application.
- Apply the server side web design and development life cycles.
- Build web services (Service-Oriented Architecture).
- Implement web security.