This course emphasizes the technical underpinnings of voice and data communication systems including engineering specifications, architectures, protocols and capacities. Relevant system design, development and operational considerations associated with deploying these communication systems are discussed.
- Differentiate between analog and digital signals and communication systems.
- Explain the appropriate applications of different communication media.
- Apply concepts such as bandwidth, noise, multiplexing, and demultiplexing to solve simple communication problems.
- Analyze the flow of information in networks using devices such as routers and bridges.
- Explain the technologies used in digital telephony.
- Use technical vocabulary to describe commonly used telecommunications systems.
- Explain the applications of Internet infrastructure and services.