The goal of this is to help prepare students for a lifetime of responsible citizenship and civic engagement. As a foundation course, it will have rigorous civic and community engagement components.Approved Course
- Analyze multiple perspectives on the roles of citizens in a democratic society.
- Can evaluate at least one specific issue area or context in which civic engagement takes place.
- Know the roles and forms of civic engagement and can assess the efficacy of different approaches and strategies.
- Understand critical social, cultural, political and historical dynamics that underlie civic engagement from a US and global perspective.
- Examine, articulate, and apply their own ethical views.
- Understand and apply core concepts (e.g. politics, rights and obligations, justice, liberty) to specific issues.
- Analyze and reflect on the ethical dimensions of legal, social, and scientific issues.
- Recognize the diversity of political motivations and interests of others.
- Identify ways to exercise the rights and responsibilities of citizenship.