This advanced course uses the case study approach to develop systems and techniques for analyzing the internal strengths and weaknesses of diverse organizations and the external environments in which they operate. Students craft strategies and develop implementation plans that apply organizational resources to opportunities and threats in its external environment. This course should be taken during the last semester of a student's program.
Note: Failure to successfully complete FIN 390, MGMT 310, and MKTG 300 by the date the semester begins will result in you being administratively dropped from the course.
4 Undergraduate credits
Effective August 1, 1998 to present
- To integrate your knowledge and skills obtained in prior business courses and other courses in your degree plan to utilize an interdisciplinary approach to problem analysis and solution.
- To develop your capacity to think strategically about a company, its business position, and how it can gain and maintain a competitive advantage.
- To learn from others and to increase your capacity to challenge others and jointly develop strategic objectives within a multi-faceted organization.
- To provide an opportunity to enhance both your cooperative learning and communication skills (both oral and written) via presentations, written cases, and group interdependences.
- To provide an understanding of strategic analysis, formulation, and implementation from the general manager's perspective.
|50||Case Studies in Strategic Management||Konduk, Burak Cem||Books for MGMT-499-50 Summer 2023||Course details for MGMT-499-50 Summer 2023|
|51||Case Studies in Strategic Management||Li, Jun||Books for MGMT-499-51 Summer 2023||Course details for MGMT-499-51 Summer 2023|
|52||Case Studies in Strategic Management||Koseoglu, Mehmet Ali||Books for MGMT-499-52 Summer 2023||Course details for MGMT-499-52 Summer 2023|
|53||Case Studies in Strategic Management||Li, Jun||Books for MGMT-499-53 Summer 2023||Course details for MGMT-499-53 Summer 2023|
|54||Case Studies in Strategic Management||Koseoglu, Mehmet Ali||Books for MGMT-499-54 Summer 2023||Course details for MGMT-499-54 Summer 2023|
|01||Case Studies in Strategic Management||Dorr, Brian M||Books for MGMT-499-01 Fall 2023||Course details for MGMT-499-01 Fall 2023|
|50||Case Studies in Strategic Management||Konduk, Burak Cem||Books for MGMT-499-50 Fall 2023||Course details for MGMT-499-50 Fall 2023|
|51||Case Studies in Strategic Management||Konduk, Burak Cem||Books for MGMT-499-51 Fall 2023||Course details for MGMT-499-51 Fall 2023|
|52||Case Studies in Strategic Management||Hintz Klein, Anne Marie||Books for MGMT-499-52 Fall 2023||Course details for MGMT-499-52 Fall 2023|
|53||Case Studies in Strategic Management||Koseoglu, Mehmet Ali||Books for MGMT-499-53 Fall 2023||Course details for MGMT-499-53 Fall 2023|
|54||Case Studies in Strategic Management||Koseoglu, Mehmet Ali||Books for MGMT-499-54 Fall 2023||Course details for MGMT-499-54 Fall 2023|