This course builds upon prior coursework related to analytical thinking and competence in business intelligence and analytics approaches. The course serves to advance and refine expertise on theories, approaches, tools and techniques related to prediction and forecasting in business. Students will gain practical experience in analyzing a variety of business analytics cases and scenarios using industry-standard tools and platforms. The course prepares learners to help organizations make more effective business decisions based on the gathering and analysis of data. The design and delivery of the course enables an engaged learning environment.
4 Undergraduate credits
Effective January 8, 2018 to present
- Understand prediction-related principles, theories and approaches.
- Applying systems and critical thinking to analytics problems.
- Understand the basics of predictive techniques and statistical approaches.
- Uncovering and understanding variables critically.
- Understand how to interpret results and validate models.
- Learn model validation.
- Apply predictive analytics approaches on diverse business cases and scenarios.
- Practice using advanced analytics tools and platforms.