This course integrates research, planning and scheduling of marketing activities designed to meet the needs of business and leisure-time travelers. Successful service marketing campaigns are studied in order to develop strategies specific to travel and tourism. Attention is given to the efforts of trade associations and government agencies and bureaus to increase the tourist trade in their service areas. Legal and ethical considerations in the implementation of marketing campaigns are discussed.
- Analyze marketing opportunities and manage the marketing process
- Develop a marketing plan for a new or existing company, product, or service utilizing the components
- Differentiate markets and target markets
- Understand buyers and markets
- Understand the marketing mix.
- Understand the marketing process and strategies involved