Fundamentals of Purchasing Management
This course acquaints students wishing to explore career opportunities in professional purchasing. It explains the functions of the professional purchasing manager, the contributions of purchasing to organizational goals, purchasing systems and controls, supplier selection procedures, and performance evaluation of purchasing personnel.
- Demonstrate how procurement strategy can impact performance of the organization
- Differentiate the strategic vs. tactical functions of procurement
- Understand best practices in procurement organizations.
- Understand techniques used to select and evaluate suppliers
- Understand typical procurement process used in both manufacturing and service organizations.