This course covers marketing planning from mission statement to budgets. It extends and builds upon the planning methods introduced in Marketing Management. Particular emphasis is placed upon environmental scanning, competitive analysis, comparisons of alternative strategies and the organizational activities required to implement the plan. The planning methods and procedures discusses are equally applicable for organizations operating in the economy's private, not-for-profit and government sectors.
- Demonstrate understanding of strategic marketing and all aspects of marketing planning, including new product development, integrated communications, pricing, positioning, and distribution.
- Analyze case studies across a broad range of strategic marketing topics.
- Apply this case study approach to solve real business and marketing problems.
- Strengthen critical thinking and analytic skills.
- Enhance ability to synthesize complex information into actionable insights and recommendations.