This clinical practicum course provides a bridge for the role transition from student to baccalaureate nurse generalist. Emphasis is placed on synthesizing theories, principles, concepts, and skills from nursing and other disciplines as a basis for implementing and evaluating holistic nursing care within systems and to diverse populations across the lifespan. This course may include seminar, self-directed study, service learning, simulation and clinical learning experiences.
- Integrate reflection, self-analysis, self-care, and lifelong learning into nursing practice.
- Demonstrate leadership skills to enhance quality nursing care and improve health outcomes.
- Evaluate best available evidence to guide decision making utilizing information technology.
- Collaborate with inter-professional teams to provide services within the broader health care system.
- Adapt communication strategies to effectively respond to complex situations.
- Promote ethical practice and research within the nursing discipline and organizational and political environments.
- Practice holistic, evidence-based nursing care including diverse and underserved individuals, families, communities, and populations.