This course focuses on developing a proposal for a clinical scholarship project designed to improve health outcomes of a defined population. Students will identify theoretical underpinnings, analyze scientific evidence, and evaluate the literature applicable to the clinical scholarship project. Students must successfully present the clinical scholarship proposal. Students accrue 100 clinical hours related to the clinical scholarship project. Competence Statement: Knows concepts of practice project design well enough to develop and successfully present a clinical scholarship project proposal.
- Complete a critical review of the literature as a foundation for the DNP Clinical Scholarship Project.
- Propose new practice approaches based on theories from nursing and other disciplines.
- Apply the principles of strategic planning and financial and human resource management in developing the DNP Clinical Scholarship Project Proposal.
- Develop a comprehensive evaluation plan for the DNP Clinical Scholarship Project Proposal.
- Employ collaborative leadership skills to plan the DNP Clinical Scholarship Project Proposal and educate stakeholders regarding project related practice considerations.
- Propose evidence-based implementation approaches based on theories from nursing and other disciplines.