Overlap: PSYC 308T Child Psychology Theory Seminar.
This course provides an overview of the science of child psychology. Major theories and research related to a child's perceptual, motor, emotional, social and cognitive development are reviewed, and their practical applications are explored. Overlap: PSYC 308T Child Psychology Theory Seminar.
- Apply new knowledge to the interpretation of observed child behavior.
- Critically evaluate major theories, issues and research findings in the field.
- Identify major theories, and research methods appropriate to the field of child psychology.
- Understand diverse child-rearing practices, social expectations and cultural settings and their influences on physical, social and emotional development.
- Understand major developmental concepts and issues such as maturation, intelligence and the influences of heredity and environment on development.
Minnesota Transfer Curriculum
- Employ the methods and data that historians and social and behavioral scientists use to investigate the human condition.
- Examine social institutions and processes across a range of historical periods and cultures.
- Use and critique alternative explanatory systems or theories.
- Develop and communicate alternative explanations or solutions for contemporary social issues.