Life Span Developmental psychology reviews concepts, theories and principles of human development from conception and prenatal development through late adulthood. This course will emphasize cognitive and social development topics that will explore maturation, human growth experiences and the various stages of physical development as key components influencing human behaviors.
- Student will develop a comprehensive understanding of theories of human development throughout the lifespan.
- Student will learn the historical perspective on development.
- Student will learn the scientific methods used to study human development.
- Student will be required to apply knowledge to both real world and imagined situations.
- Student will be required to scientifically evaluate the theories and models of development.
Minnesota Transfer Curriculum
- Employ the methods and data that historians and social and behavioral scientists use to investigate the human condition.
- Examine social institutions and processes across a range of historical periods and cultures.
- Use and critique alternative explanatory systems or theories.
- Develop and communicate alternative explanations or solutions for contemporary social issues.