Psychology of Personality
This course covers similarities and differences in major personality theories and the "real life" implications for holding different theoretical views. Students take an active part in class discussions and give a class presentation on an in-depth study of a major theory.
- Students will be required to apply the knowledge of these theories to both themselves and others.
- Students will be required to evaluate and analyze alternative explanations for theories of personality.
- Students will learn the biological influences on personality
- Students will learn the different theories, both at a basic and advanced level, of personality.
- Students will understand the basic principles of research design and the scientific method as it applies to personality theories.
Minnesota Transfer Curriculum
- Employ the methods and data that historians and social and behavioral scientists use to investigate the human condition.
- Examine social institutions and processes across a range of historical periods and cultures.
- Use and critique alternative explanatory systems or theories.
- Develop and communicate alternative explanations or solutions for contemporary social issues.