Through a hands on, learn by doing experience, students will select a project, plan the production, audition actors, work as crew filming on location, and direct a short digital film. Each student will edit their own individual project. This course offers a complete package overview of writing and directing low budget, short narrative digital films. This course may be taken twice for credit.
- Able to audition and cast actors for a short film.
- Can break down a script for production and scheduling purposes.
- Can schedule a short film production.
- Understand concepts and techniques of editing well enough to finish a polished, professional looking short film.
- Understand the production process for narrative digital films at an advanced level well enough to plan, produce, direct, and edit a creative, compelling, and professional short digital film.