This course investigates the dramatic essence, creative demands, and craft of feature length screenwriting. Originality and distinctive voice will be analyzed and explored through readings and writing exercises. Students will write a rough draft feature length screenplay. Films and screenplays will be analyzed and discussed for critical and historical perspectives. Professional development opportunities will be presented.
- Able to conceive and write a feature length screenplay that is market ready, polished, creative, and compelling.
- Able to understand and utilize structure, character development, and dialogue at an advanced level unique to long form screenplays.
- Aware of graduate study opportunities.
- Can write high context, lyrical, and meaningful dialogue.
- Has a critical awareness of the present day role of cinema in relationship to the arts.
- Has developed a personal career plan.
- Poised to do the best writing of your life.
- Understands and can synthesize the latest developments in screenwriting, literature, cinema, and theater.