Effective August 16, 2013 to present
- Knows the social sciences well enough to understand the dynamics of politics, culture and society, and the relevance those social processes for everyday life.
- Masters the higher order thinking skills required to analyze and interpret social science data from a variety of sources.
- Understands and appreciates the nature of citizenship and democracy in the twenty-first century for developing a sense of ethical and civic responsibility.
- Writes informed, well-reasoned, and literate essays.
- Recognize the diversity of political motivations and interests of others.
- Recognize and understand the social significance of gender and sexual orientation, race and ethnicity, religion, social class and physical ability;
- Understand and utilize a global perspective;