Enrolling in this program
Program eligibility requirements
- Bachelor's degree earned from an accredited institution (or a foreign equivalent)
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Basic digital literacy
Because this is not a degree-granting program, applications from international students studying on an F-1 student visa will not be accepted. However, international students may complete the certificate online without traveling to the United States. In such cases, international students must meet the criteria above and present evidence of language proficiency. We accept TOEFL scores of at least 550 (PBT) or 213 (CBT) or 80 (IBT) and IELTS scores of at least 6.0.
Jun 30 - Fall semester
Nov 15 - Spring semester
Mar 30 - Summer semester
Application deadlines are general guidelines only. Incomplete applications will roll forward to the next semester for a total of three semesters, after which you must re-apply if your file is still incomplete. Applications for admission are not considered until all requirements are met and fees received.
International students may complete the certificate online without traveling to the United States. In such cases, international students must meet the admission criteria and present evidence of language proficiency. We accept TOEFL scores of at least 550 (PBT) or 213 (CBT) or 80 (IBT) and IELTS scores of at least 6.0. Because this is not a degree-granting program, applications from international students studying on an F-1 student visa will not be accepted.
All application materials become the property of Metropolitan State University and are not returned. To be considered for full admission you must submit all parts of the application packet:
- Online Graduate Programs Application. Please note you will need a Minnesota State StarID to complete the application. If you don't have a StarID, you will create one at the beginning of the application.
- If you do not have or choose not to provide your Social Security number (SSN) you will need to follow the No SSN instructions to activate your StarID.
- If you encounter difficulty with the online application, email email@example.com
- You are strongly encouraged to use the online application, but if you'd rather use the paper application, fill out the graduate application form and mail it to the Graduate Studies Office at the address below.
- Non-refundable Application Fee can be paid through online application
- Current fee of $20 is waived for graduates of Metropolitan State University.
- Pay online using the online application or send a check with the paper application.
- Official Transcripts
- Must show a baccalaureate degree or equivalent earned from a regionally accredited institution with grade-point average or narrative description describing courses completed and minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- Official transcripts verifying a bachelor's degree earned from an accredited institution.
- All transcripts from non-U.S. schools must be evaluated (course-by-course) by either ECE (preferred) or WES.
- Electronic transcripts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Paper transcripts should be sent directly from the sending institution (preferred).
If you've applied online, you can login to the Applicant Portal using your StarID and password to upload remaining documents and check on the status of your application. To be considered for admission you must submit the following:
- Current Resume
- One year of full-time professional work experience is preferred; however, volunteer experience can be accepted in lieu of work experience.
- Essay of professional goals (no more than two pages)
After you have submitted your online application, log in to the Applicant Portal using your Start ID and password to upload application materials, and check on the status of your application. The Applicant Portal will indicate missing application items.