Study Abroad is a life changing educational journey, known to give a fresh and unique perspective on the United States and the world. By living and studying in another country students learn about different cultures while expanding their horizons and opening their minds.
Studying abroad brings students in direct contact with diverse peoples and viewpoints, and will expose them to ways of life different from the ones to which they are accustomed. In addition, study abroad will provide an opportunity to establish lifetime friendships.
Metropolitan State's Institute for Community Engagement and Scholarship (ICES) is the university resource for students interested in study abroad or any global experience. ICES provides assistance, referrals, and information on study abroad opportunities. If you are interested in study abroad, stop by ICES or visit the following links at Minnesota State and other higher education institutions and organizations that accept students from other colleges and universities to participate in their global opportunities. Additional information about Study Abroad Financial Aid information and travel abroad health insurance can be found on these two sites.
Education for Global Learning
Metropolitan State University is a member of the Minnesota State consortium of universities and colleges that promote global learning in the United States and abroad. Metropolitan State University has access and support from the consortium's 15 member institutions. For more information, contact, Metropolitan State University's Study Abroad advisor at email@example.com.
International Exchange and Study Abroad
International Exchange and Study Abroad (IESA) is comprised of Metropolitan State University faculty, staff and students committed to promoting
- student-designed study abroad academic opportunities;
- increased international student enrollment;
- faculty-designed courses with an international study component; and
- faculty exchange.
Contact the Institute for Community Engagement and Scholarship Internship Office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
International exchange and study abroad links
- Education for Global Learning - A travel guide to affordable educational opportunities at Minnesota State
- StudyAbroad.com - the Internet's leading source of information on educational opportunities for students to study in other countries
- GoAbroad.com - the leading international education and experiential travel resource
- CAPA International Education - Center for Academic Programs Abroad
- Global Volunteers - International volunteers combine service with travel abroad
- Global Youth Connect - an international human rights organization that is building a community of youth who are actively promoting and protecting human rights and working for peaceful change abroad.
- Center for Global Education at Augsburg College - provides quality cross cultural educational opportunities
- The Learning Abroad Center -University of Minnesota's comprehensive resource for study, service-learning, intern, volunteer, work and travel experiences worldwide
- Higher Education Consortium for Urban Affairs (HECUA) - offers international study abroad programs
- Cross-Cultural Solutions - Volunteer abroad and experience another culture
- International Service-Learning Programs - integrate academic studies with volunteer service and full cultural immersion
- Global Experiences - is an international education programs provider, specializing in international internships as well as volunteer and work experiences abroad
- Hi - provides cross-cultural volunteer expeditions
- SPAN, Student Project for Amity Among Nations - Travel abroad to conduct research on a self-chosen topic and build bridges of understanding across borders, cultures, and continents
- International Education Programs (IEP) at Jacksonville University - offers summer, semester, academic year, multi-country, and alternative spring break study abroad programs in over 16 countries
- iiepassport.org - Find the perfect study abroad program to meet your education goals.
- St. Cloud State University - Choose from semester or short term study abroad opportunities that will enhance your global education.
- Winona State University Abroad - An immersive cultural experience at a foreign university gaining global perspectives, cross-cultural competencies, and linguistic skills.
- Minnesota State University Mankato - Choose from a semester or short term study abroad programs.
- Volunteer Abroad with TravelWorks - A gap year provider offering placements in volunteer projects in Asia, Africa, Latin America, and Oceania, in the fields of child care, health care, education, wildlife conservation, environmental protection, maintenance/infrastructure, and tourism.
- Go Overseas - User-generated ratings and reviews, articles and interviews, scholarships, and program listings on volunteer, teach, intern, and study opportunities around the world.