Major job duties
Assist with University Advancement Operations-which include thank you calls and letters to donors; planning and participating in events; and calling potential donors.
Showcase the student perspective to University stakeholders, including alumni, board members, and friends of the University. Possible activities include writing for University Advancement communications, conducting campus tours, and accompanying Advancement staff on donor and foundation visits.
Assist in building a culture of philanthropy on campus, including encouraging student philanthropy. Activities may include staffing a University Advancement table at New Student Orientation, Grad Expo, Fall/Spring Fest, and Commencement; developing projects that encourage students to contribute to the Metro Fund; and creating opportunities to showcase philanthropy on campus.
*Successful Student Ambassadors will:
- Have an affiliation for the mission of Metropolitan State University and proudly represent the University and the Foundation
- Have a positive attitude
- Excel at listening and communicating (written and verbal)
- Exercise good judgement, meaning that decisions are ethical and benefit or will reflect well on the university. This includes maintaining the confidentiality of donor information.
- Be open to learning and personal growth
- Show leadership, initiative, dependability, discipline, and enthusiasm
Qualifications and experience
Must be a currently enrolled Metropolitan State University student (all majors welcome to apply)
Must maintain a cumulative Metro State GPA of 2.75 for the duration of service to the program
Must commit to working a minimum of 2 semesters and one summer.
Must be willing to participate in various training sessions (paid as work hours)
Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Email your resume, unofficial Metro State transcript if available, a statement indicating why you want to be a Student Ambassador (maximum of 250 words), and the names of two academic or professional references to : Vicki.Berner@metrostate.edu