Research methods is a three-credit laboratory course for Chemistry and Biochemistry majors. Students will work independently within a small group to solve scientific problems thoroughly and critically. Students will develop a research proposal and implement their strategy. Students will interpret experimental findings and summarize results in a final research report.
First day attendance is mandatory.
3 Undergraduate credits
Effective December 16, 2019 to present
- Adapt to working independently within a small group.
- Design and implement an independent group research proposal.
- Analyze and summarize primary scientific literature in chemistry/biochemistry.
- Evaluate and interpret experimental design, data, and results in both written and oral communication.
- Properly manage chemical use, safety, and disposal.