CHEM 231L Organic Chemistry I Lab
This course provides the laboratory experience to accompany Chem 231 Organic Chemistry I. This course introduces the techniques, specialized equipment, instrumental methods and safety procedures common in an organic lab setting. Students get hands-on experience with the instrumentation, equipment, hazardous material procedures, and multi-step methods employed in the synthesis of larger, more complicated organic structures from simpler molecules.
Note: CHEM 231 and 231L must both be in the cart at the same time when you register. First day attendance is mandatory.
1 Undergraduate credit
Effective August 23, 2008 to present
- Carry out multi-step organic syntheses.
- Apply the concepts learned in lectures.
- Perform laboratory techniques safely and accurately.
- Understand and consistently apply principles of scientific ethics and academic integrity.
- Use several procedures and instruments and record their observations in formal lab reports, using proper laboratory, data analysis, and scientific writing skills.
|01||Organic Chemistry I Lab||Smith, Kiah Anton||Books||Course details|
|01||Organic Chemistry I Lab||Wiitala, Keith W||Books||Course details|
|02||Organic Chemistry I Lab||Dimick Gray, Sarah M||Books||Course details|