This course provides a culminating experience in formulating and resolving data science and business analytics questions, regardless of domain or nature of scientific inquiry. Students work in teams on a comprehensive project to apply data science concepts and principles. Students will complete a real-world project with data collection, data cleaning, data visualization, data modeling and analysis, and presentations of findings.
Note: Students whose prerequisites are not identified by the system should contact the Math and Statistics Department for an override at MATH@metrostate.edu.
4 Undergraduate credits
Effective December 17, 2018 to present
- Formulate and resolve deep and impactful questions to scientifically explore chosen project areas, in consultation with subject matter experts as appropriate.
- Discover, source, and assimilate appropriate data sources, especially employing creative approaches to linking data from diverse sources following ethical guidelines.
- Conduct appropriate data analyses without bias.
- Refine and enhance teamwork and communication skills to produce professional presentations.
- Discuss and report implications of professional work as a data scientist.