DENH 693 Advanced Dental Therapy Clinic
This course is the culmination and synthesis of the educational and clinical experiences for the Advanced Dental Therapy student. Students provide primary preventive and restorative dental care in order to demonstrate integration and application of independent critical thinking, problem solving skills, professional attitudes, and sound clinical judgment. This course includes planning and preparation for dental therapy board licensure exams. Competence Statement: The student will demonstrate the integration and application of independent critical thinking, problem solving skills, professional and sound clinical judgment in the provision of primary preventive and restorative advanced dental therapy skills in collaboration with supervising faculty.
2 Graduate credits
Effective December 14, 2020 to present
- Provide comprehensive Advanced Dental Therapy care to patients across the lifespan in collaborate with a supervising practitioner.
- Practice within the scope of Minnesota statutes for dental therapy practices and collaborative management.
- Accurately collect, review, revise and document comprehensive historical information in the development of comprehensive dental therapy plans.
- Document the care provided following best-practice standards.
- Create a professional development plan for transition into practice.
|50||Advanced Dental Therapy Clinic||Jordan, Andrea L Branca, Elizabeth T.||Books||Course details|