EDU 658 High School ESL Practicum
This practicum is designed to give urban teacher candidates the opportunity to document and reflect upon at least 25 hours practical field experience working with ELL students in an urban high school. Urban ESL teacher candidates will have the opportunity to reflectively apply knowledge, theories and skills in learned in coursework. Successful completion of this practicum is a prerequisite for the ESL license.
Prerequisites: All ESL Graduate Certificate courses are required, or permission from the course instructor and department chair.
1 Graduate credit
Effective January 9, 2012 to present
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, implement, and assess instruction and learning.
- Design well-developed lesson plans.
- Positively affect the learning and achievement of urban high school ELL students.
- Document at least 25 hours of active involvement with urban high school ELL students.
- Maintain a reflective journal about all practicum experiences.
- Develop an electronic portfolio throughout the practicum experience.
- Demonstrate professional work habits as an ESL teacher.
- Articulate professional development based on experiences through a final reflection paper.
|02||High School ESL Practicum||Tanghe, Shannon||Books||Course details|