This course examines the concepts and methods of human resource forecasting, planning and alternative staffing strategies within an organization. It addresses staffing needs under varying organizational conditions such as mergers, downsizing, and acquisitions. Selected topics include job analysis, recruitment methods, selection techniques, training needs, termination procedures, and the ethical and legal implications of staffing policies.
- Students will develop a strategic management perspective of the staffing function that will allow them to identify, assess, hire, and retain quality employees to ensure that the organization achieves its goals and mission.
- Understands, can apply and can effectively communicate a strategic management perspective to the staffing activities in an organization.
- Understands, can apply and can effectively communicate staffing principles and current practices in work organizations.
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze staffing needs and develop a strategic staffing plan for an organization.
- Can develop and implement metrics to evaluate and demonstrate the value of staffing policies and programs.