This course introduces students to the concepts and skills that serve as a foundation for professional nursing practice. A holistic framework for practice, grounded in Modeling and Role-Modeling theory, is utilized to examine factors affecting the health of diverse and vulnerable populations. Clinical decision making skills are practiced in simulated settings.
- Adhere to the standards of professional nursing practice in classroom and lab settings.
- Demonstrate professional communication with student peers, faculty, and members of the health care team in a multidisciplinary practice environment.
- Demonstrate skills in observing and reporting the health concerns of adult patients.
- Demonstrate the skills necessary to perform fundamental nursing procedures safely.
- Identify principles and strategies of the teaching and learning process to facilitate health promotion.
- Utilize Modeling & Role Modeling theory as the foundation for clinical decision making.
- Utilize clinical decision-making as the basis for providing safe, holistic nursing care.
- Utilize evidence-based information as the foundation for clinical decision making.