This course focuses on the nursing care of clients experiencing acute disruptions of health and/or end of life issues. Emphasis is placed on understanding and application of theory and skills required to provide nursing care to clients with complex and/or unstable conditions. Evidence-based practice is used to support appropriate focused assessments, and effective, efficient nursing interventions. Knowledge of life span, developmental factors, cultural variables and legal aspects of care guide the ethical decision making in delivery of care.
Corequisite: NURS 362 AND NURS 364.
7 Undergraduate credits
Effective August 17, 2014 to present
- Incorporate the knowledge and methods of a variety of disciplines to inform decision-making in the care of the client experiencing acute disruptions in health.
- Identify the process for how nursing and related healthcare quality and safety measures are developed, validated and implemented.
- Use clinical judgment and decision making skills during urgent and emergent situations.
- Apply data from all relevant sources, including technology, to inform the delivery of care.
- Analyze the impact of socio cultural, economic, legal, and political factors influencing healthcare delivery and practice.
- Demonstrate teambuilding and collaborative strategies when working with inter-professional teams.
- Advocate for factors that promote a culture of safe and quality care incorporating evidence-based findings.
- Articulate the value of pursuing practice excellence, lifelong learning, and professional engagement to foster professional growth and development.
- Demonstrate leadership in decision making while providing quality nursing care to improve client outcomes.
|02||Acute and Complex Care||Johnson, Robin A Schmidt, Anna M Bergstedt, Tracy L Matthias-Anderson, Deborah L Gutierrez, Karen M||Books||Course details|
|01||Acute and Complex Care||Gutierrez, Karen M Matthias-Anderson, Deborah L Schmidt, Anna M Bergstedt, Tracy L Johnson, Robin A||Books||Course details|
|01||Acute and Complex Care||Bergstedt, Tracy L Johnson, Robin A Matthias-Anderson, Deborah L Schmidt, Anna M Gutierrez, Karen M||Books||Course details|
|01||Acute and Complex Care||Gutierrez, Karen M Bergstedt, Tracy L Schmidt, Anna M Matthias-Anderson, Deborah L Johnson, Robin A||Books||Course details|
|02||Acute and Complex Care||Gutierrez, Karen M Matthias-Anderson, Deborah L Johnson, Robin A Schmidt, Anna M Bergstedt, Tracy L||Books||Course details|
|02||Acute and Complex Care||Johnson, Robin A Schmidt, Anna M Gutierrez, Karen M Matthias-Anderson, Deborah L Bergstedt, Tracy L||Books||Course details|