NURS 600P Intensive Practicum II
This clinical course focuses on the holistic nursing care of clients within the specialty areas of pediatric, maternal-newborn, and psychiatric-mental health nursing in varied acute and community-based settings. Students apply theoretical principles to the care of individuals and families of diverse backgrounds. Competence Statement: Knows concepts, theories, skills and the nursing process well enough to provide holistic nursing care to clients within the specialty areas of pediatric, maternal-newborn, and psychiatric-mental health.
Prerequisite: NURS 400P Intensive Practicum I. Note: This course meets at practicum sites in the community. This course is limited to students admitted to the Entry Level MSN program.
4 Graduate credits
Effective May 5, 2016 to present
Meets graduation requirements for
- Adhere to the standards of professional nursing practice.
- Demonstrate clinical judgement in planning, delivering and evaluating quality, holistic, evidence-based nursing care.
- Collaborate with clients, families, and the interprofessional team in the delivery of nursing care.
- Apply ethical and legal principles in the provision of nursing care.
- Implement Modeling and Role-Modeling concepts in the provision of holistic nursing care.
- Utilize patient care and communication technologies to deliver, enhance, and document care.
|01||Intensive Practicum II||Reid, Carol A McMahon, Bridget L Kotile, Fatuma D||Books||Course details|