This course focuses on synthesis of principles and content in pathophysiology, pharmacology and health assessment in the analysis of health issues in nursing practice. Students demonstrate clinical reasoning that builds upon previous coursework in pathophysiology, pharmacology and health assessment.
- Building on previous coursework and based on clinical presentation, by the end of the semester the student will: Demonstrate a comprehensive holistic health assessment, and appropriate focused assessment based on clinical presentations.
- Interpret the comprehensive holistic assessment data while considering underlying pathophysiology.
- Set priorities in planning care for multiple client assignment.
- Create an appropriate plan of care that includes independent and collaborative holistic nursing interventions.
- Use principles of pharmaco-therapeutics to safely implement pharmacologic interventions.
- Make recommendations based on evaluation of effectiveness of interventions.