This course focuses on the evaluation of a clinical scholarship project designed to improve health outcomes of a defined population. Students will evaluate the entire project process, present a plan for project sustainability, and reflect on his/her role leading the project. Students must successfully present the clinical scholarship project and develop a plan for dissemination of the findings. Students will accrue 100 clinical hours related to the clinical scholarship project. Competence Statement: Knows concepts of project management well enough to evaluate and present the clinical scholarship project.
- Advocate for the nursing profession within the policy and healthcare communities.
- Demonstrate leadership and accountability in implementation of a new policy or procedure at multiple levels with multiple considerations and constituencies.
- Disseminate clinical scholarship knowledge.
- Educate others, including policy makers at all levels, regarding nursing, health policy implications, and patient care outcomes.
- Facilitate and mentor professional development in self and others.