In a supportive workshop environment, students will complete a market ready screenplay and prepare a portfolio of previous work. Students will also participate in community engagement opportunities such as attending film festivals and related professional networking events. Career development strategies will be presented. This is an opportunity to enhance screenwriting skills at an advanced level, reflect, and participate.
- Able to write an original feature length screenplay, a television script, or write and direct a short film representative of creative talents at an advanced level.
- Can articulate, in both written and oral forms, major literary components of screenwriting and utilize these to write professional, creative, and original screenplays that are ready for production and/or the marketplace.
- Can understand, synthesize, and express sophisticated conceptual connections between screenwriting, literature, and theater at an advanced level.
- Prepared to succeed in graduate school.
- Able to critically analyze screenplays and films at an advanced level.