Skip to main content

Find your advisor

After you are admitted to the university and your Degree Audit Report (DARs) is available to review, an academic advisor will be assigned to you who specializes in your program and can help you plan your path to graduation. If you haven’t declared a major yet, you will be assigned an advisor who specializes in helping students explore majors and careers. You will receive a letter or an email through your university email account with contact information for your assigned academic advisor.

Contact your advisor early with any questions related to your major, career exploration, study habits, time management or degree planning.  You can also find your advisor’s name, email and phone number on your DARS in your eServices account. The advisors contact information is near the top of the DARS.

If you have no advisor assigned on your DARS, or if your advisor is out of the office for an extended time, email or call the advising center connected to your intended major. Please see the list­ below.

Undergraduate Advising Centers

College of Community Studies 
and Public Affairs
College of Individualized Studies               651.793.1937 
College of Liberal Arts 651.793.1457
College of Management 612.659.7269
College of Nursing and 
Health Sciences
College of Sciences 651.793.1641
School of Criminology 
and Criminal Justice
School of Urban Education 612.659.7139
Undecided Student Advising 651.793.1457