Your legacy can help shape the future of Metropolitan State University. There are many ways to make a planned gift to Metropolitan State—all of which demonstrate an intentional and lasting commitment to the university and can lessen the tax burden for you and your family. Your planned gift enables Metropolitan State to honor its tradition of serving the unmet educational needs of the Twin Cities, as we prepare to meet and master the future, advantaging our graduates and enriching our communities.
Read our Legacy Bulletin for ideas on how you can leave a legacy to Metro State:
- Winter 2020 Legacy Bulletin—CARES Act and Year-End Giving
- Fall 2020 Legacy Bulletin—Charitable Gift Annuities
- Spring/Summer 2020 Legacy Bulletin—Making Your Will
- Winter 2019 Legacy Bulletin—Benefits of Year-End Giving
- Summer 2019 Legacy Bulletin—Charitable Reminder Trusts
- Spring 2019 Legacy Bulletin—Philanthropy in Retirement
Which planned giving strategy or combination of strategies is right for you depends on your interests, age, assets, and the size of the gift you would like to make. Metropolitan State University Foundation is happy to accept gifts of:
- appreciated stocks and bonds,
- real estate,
- retirement assets,
- and insurance.
You can also create a lasting legacy by making a bequest to Metropolitan State University in your will or trust. Sample bequest language and a planned giving cheat sheet are included below to help you sort through the various ways to plan your giving.Sample Bequest Language
Planned Giving Cheat Sheet
Join our Legacy Circle
Your planned gift makes you a member of our Legacy Circle.Legacy Circle Benefits
Have further questions?
Please contact Rachel Hughes at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-499-8754