Undergraduate and graduate students can apply to work at Student Life and Leadership Development (SLLD). Students can serve as Student Center workers, Orientation and Commencement workers, or University Activity Board Coordinators. To learn more about opportunities to work at SLLD, visit the Student Employment page.
SLLD is a fast-paced, student-centered department on campus that is dedicated to helping students develop as student leaders and professionals. From event planning, customer relations, facilitating dialogues, or serving on committees or working groups, student staff members are able to find ways to apply their academic skills to co-curricular involvements. SLLD recruits student staff members each academic year, and enthusiastically provides supervision, coaching, advising, and mentorship that allows students to grow into professionals that are prepared for employment post-graduation.
To be eligible for employment at SLLD, the ideal candidate should:
- Have and will maintain at least a 2.50 GPA;
- Have previous student leadership and event-planning experience, preferably at Metro State;
- Is aware of the extracurricular interests of Metro students and has innovative, practical ideas for events/activities that address those interests;
- Shares Metro’s commitment to diversity and inclusion;
- Is able to work effectively both as a member of a team and independently;
- Is self-motivated, timely, communicative, and reliable;
- Is able to meet on-going deadlines and can manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously;
- Is able to appropriately hold peers accountable to expectations and the student code of conduct, and has no recent code of conduct violations;
- Is able to attend all SLLD staff meetings, trainings/retreats, and events;
- Is organized and detail-oriented; and,
- Is fluent in D2L, Microsoft Word, Excel, email, google applications, and Social Media.
For more information about employment opportunities at SLLD, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.