The Student Center has nine spaces that are available to be reserved to students, student organizations, staff, faculty, university departments and outside organizations:
- Multipurpose Room (SC 101): 108 person capacity
- Student Center Cafe (First Floor): 144 person capacity
- Fireplace Lounge (SC 120): 40 person capacity
- Study Room (SC 121): 6 person capacity
- Study Room (SC 122): 6 person capacity + children's play area
- Meeting Room (SC 201 full): 35 person capacity
- Meeting Room (SC 201 half): 15 person capacity
- Meeting Room (SC 202 half): 15 person capacity
- Study Room (SC 203): 25 person capacity
Each space has capacity for audio, visual, amplification and a variety of room arrangements according to safety, security and fire code.
All Student Center room reservation processes are facilitated through the Student Life and Leadership Development Department. Students and university affiliates will be prioritized in the room reservation process. All events must use Minnesota State approved vendors and follow appropriate contract agreements, policies and procedures as outlined by Metropolitan State University. All parties reserving spaces are responsible for providing contact information to make events accessible. To learn more about accessible events and how to provide disability-related accommodations, including parking, contact the Center for Accessibility Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-793-1549.
Undergraduate students, graduate students, registered student organizations and other university affiliates can submit event and registration events via the Engage portal or contact Student Life and Leadership Development. External organizations and groups may contact Student Life and Leadership Development to reserve a room or inquire about hosting an event. Fees for parking, room setup, security, and custodial services will be charged to external organizations and groups according to Minnesota State contracts.