The Student Parent Center provides inclusive, supportive services to students with dependents. We want to help you navigate the challenges of parenting while in school and have the experience and resources to get you one step closer to your goals.
What we offer
- Use of computer and printer
- Lounge area with coffee, refrigerator and microwave
- Play space for your child while you are studying or using the computer
- Quiet time to sit on campus with or without your child
- Parenting and resource library with child development information
- Friendly, knowledgeable staff
- Peer mentors who can relate to your unique circumstances and experiences
- Programming and events designed to address issues of interest to student parents and their families
- Support and discussion groups
- Referrals to on- and off-campus resources: health care, financial, food, child care, counseling, etc.
- Resources, as available, for transportation, child care and other needs
- Free T-shirt or onesie for your child or baby and a free coffee mug
- Post a photo of your child(ren) on our bulletin board
- Opportunities to meet other student parents
Every step you take toward completing your degree gets you and your family closer to a bright future. We would love to contribute to your success.
Become a member
Becoming a member is easy. If you are a Metropolitan State student who is pregnant or parenting a child, just make an appointment where you will fill out an intake form. It will take about 15 minutes. You will also be contacted to do some evaluations of the services later on.
Call or email us today with questions or to become a member of the Student Parent Center.