The Student Parent and Resource Center is committed to being responsive to student needs during the COVID-19 pandemic. Our services are offered in person and remotely.
Student Parent Center
The Student Parent and Resource Center provides inclusive, supportive services to students with dependents. We want to help you navigate the challenges of parenting while in school and have the experience and resources to get you one step closer to your goals.
The center is open for in-person use on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9:30 am–4:30 pm. This space is reserved for student parents and their children. Due to the ongoing pandemic, we are able to accommodate up to 1 student parent and 2 children at a time.
Alternative child friendly spaces on campus will be available during and outside of the Parent Center hours of operation. To inquire about child friendly spaces on campus, please email us.
The center provides services to support student parents in the following areas:
- Information regarding childcare services and funding
- Support and resources for pregnant and or expecting student parents
- Parent education workshops and information
- Parenting library with child development resources and information
- A safe space for children to play while parents are on campus completing their assignments
- A computer lab and printing services
- Lounge areas with, snacks, coffee, tea, refrigerator, and microwave
- Resources for on and off campus for parents
- Lactation room location, breast pumps, and usage information
- Student parent supportive programming such as back to school supplies and holiday gift giving
- And more.
To speak with the Student Parent Coordinator, schedule a in person, phone, or zoom appointment here.
Become a member
We ask that students complete an intake form one time per academic school year. By completing this form, you will gain access to services in addition to helpful resources and events on and off-campus. If you have not yet completed an intake form, please do so here.
Students that prefer to complete a paper form can email us.
Post-Secondary Childcare Grant: The Child Care Grant program provides grant funds to students who need assistance with child care expenses while attending school. The grant is available to Minnesota resident undergraduate and graduate students who have not completed 10 fulltime semesters (or its equivalent) enrollment in post-secondary education. The Child Care Grant program requires a separate application. For more information regarding the grant and or to access the application visit our Grants and Scholarships Page.
We have created a running document of helpful resources that include information for food, housing, emergency assistance, utilities, parenting information, etc. This document is updated daily and can be accessed here.